Whole Goose - Montana Grown Young Goose - Rygate, Montana
Geese are a larger game bird that is rich in flavor and dense in nutrients.
- High in Protein
- One of best dietary sources of Glycine - primary amino acid required for synthesis of collagen
- Good source of minerals - high in Copper, Iron, Phosphorus, Selenium, and Zinc
- Rich in B Vitamins - especially B6
- Nutrient dense - offers broad range of nutrients for very few calories
GENERAL COOKING TIPS
- The primary cooking method for Geese is roasting
- The method of roasting a whole goose that is relatively easy and requires only a few ingredients. It results in an excellent dish which makes you wonder why you don't cook Goose more often.
- You will get a lot of Goose fat when roasting. A tip of advice, save all of it and use with potatoes and/or with your leafy greens like spinach, kale, or chard
- Here is a recipe we found that works well: https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_roast_a_goose/