Berkshire Bone-In Smoked Ham - Half Ham
Also referred to as Kurobuta pork, Berkshire pork makes an amazing flavored ham. This is Bone-In smoked Berkshire Ham is the best of the best. It is the epitome of heat, serve, and impress yourself and your guests.
These berkshire hogs are raised on pastures where they can free-range root, with no antibiotics or hormones on a small-batch and responsible ranching operation here in Montana.
Preparation: Berkshire does not require much preparation. The flavor of the meat is very delicious. However, you can always add a nice glaze to this - also allows for the Ham to be coated and preserve moisture for the cooking process. Slow and long will produce the best-tasting ham.
1) Remove Ham from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour
Pre-Heat oven to 275F
2) Create your favorite glaze (there are a lot of very good glazes on the internet)
3) Score the ham in a diamond pattern then baste the glaze on the ham
4) Heat to 130F (center temperature) - plan on 10min per pound (but check regularly)
5) Remove once the Ham gets to temperature - remember, this ham is already cooked you are only heating to serve it.
6) Slice it up
*We like to use the bone in a split pea or lentil soup