Whole Pheasant- 2.5 lb (with Giblets)
MacFarlane Pheasants is a two-generation old family-run business that focuses on having complete control of the process from pasture to plate. Pheasants are a protein-rich power food packed with vitamins (B vitamins) and minerals (Selenium, Phosphorus, Potassium). They are a great "game" alternative to chicken.
GENERAL COOKING TIPS
- Pheasants are very low in fat. When roasting pheasant, it’s important to roast at low temperature 250 to 325°F, cover and with moisture.
- When you cook pheasant, cook until the internal temperature is about 160 to 165°F, cover and set aside to allow carry over to finish the process to about 180°F. This makes for a tender and moist pheasant portion.
- Pheasant, like all meats and poultry, should rest after cooking to allow the juices to settle in the meat.
- Use simple marinades or brines prior to cooking will help maintain moisture, while adding flavor.
- Compliment pheasant with gourmet sauces like cranberry chutney for savory and sweet taste.
PHEASANT BREAST TIPS
- When grilling or cooking pheasants' breast meat, sear the ‘open’ side quickly then flip skin side down to finish. This makes the skin crispy and tasty while keeping the moisture in the breast. Grill until the juices rise to the surface and are slightly pink; remove and cover in a warm place for 5 minutes to finish.
- Tender pheasant breast meat strips are perfect to use in making great-tasting entrée salads, grilled appetizer kabobs, and flavorful stir-fry dishes.
You must reach $199 in products to Checkout. Free Shipping with subscription orders!